Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day

A little messy and a whole lot of goodness is what these little buggers add up to!  My grandpa turned 88 Saturday and my handsome hubby and I had a fun wine tasting to go to so I thought what a great day to try my hand at making cake pops. I started off with one box of yellow cake mix and a can of white cake mix. I baked the cake according to the directions on the back of the box except to make them all lovey dovey I colored them pink. After the cake came out of the oven I let it cool and them crumbled into small pieces in a large bowl. After the cake was completely crumbled I added one jar of icing and mixed and mixed until it was all coated. I then rolled the cake mixture into small balls like I was making meatballs. I also might have had a few tastes along the way… I couldn’t help it they were sooooo good! Don’t judge J Once rolled into balls I put them in the freezer and ran around like a mad woman trying to get ready for the night about 15 minutes later the balls were nice and cold and I could melt my chocolate. I used white chocolate chips from the store because I loooooovvvveee them. A little trick I found was too dip the lollipop stick into the melted chocolate and then into the ball, let cool then dip the ball into the chocolate. It helps to keep it from getting stuck in the chocolate. After that add sprinkles while wet and let dry. Everyone at the tasting and the birthday loved them!

Happy Valentine’s Day and happy Birthday grandpa! I am off to hang out with my hubby…he is making dinner!



Final Product ready to Go

Some not so perfect ones my happy hubby  got to try out

Happy Valentines  Day to the man of my dreams and Happy Bday Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment