Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Going Crazy!

So many things to do and so little time! That’s how life is right now but I wouldn’t change it because the things taking up my time are exciting!!! Last week as I was strolling through my usual lunch break haunt, St  Vincent De Paul, I ran into my lovely aunt Nori. Her and I were just going over the usual things you discuss when running into someone at the thrift store… what you are on the lookout for. I told her I always look for chairs and a china cabinet. So as were walking and talking I spot a cute little chair on casters that I thought would be great to go in my office/craft room and then she says I think there is a china cabinet in the barn down at grandma and grandpas. She grabbed my attention to say the least. You see my grandparents passed away a few years ago and my two aunts are in charge of the estate. The house was rented out to my little brother but the barn I thought held all of the items to keep the property up and maybe some junk but that’s it. After that I bid my farewells to my aunt threw my chair in my car and headed back to work. All day I thought about that china cabinet wondering what it looked like and imagining all the things I could do to it so finally I gave in and called my aunt and she agreed to let me into the barn to check it out. I met her there the next day and she opened the door and inside the darkness and dust there was furniture everywhere!!!! Bookcases and tables and chairs. I was in heaven. I was climbing through and pulling things out, I felt as if I was on American Pickers. So in the course of 2 days I ended up with a china cabinet, a table, and a chair. That’s a lot of painting to do on top of the items I already have waiting. Then to throw a wrench into things my awesome mother in law is coming to stay with us for a few weeks beginning March 1st. So I need to get things organized because right now the guest room is piled with things I have pulled out of other places I am working on. I am so excited I want to start right now…only 5 more hours of my paying job I need to get through! Updates to come.
Love this Picture
Mother in Law and Hubby

No comments:

Post a Comment