Thursday, December 2, 2010

Days till Christmas...

    Well I am already a bad blogger because I forgot to take before pictures! But here we go my first project on my brand new blog! Yay! Well as you know from reading my first post I just got married a month and a half ago so we are in our newlywed stage and I wanted to do something special to count down to our first Christmas as a married couple. I am so happy and excited to be Mr. Abbotts wife and sometimes my love bubbles over a little and Mr. Abbott ends up a little spoiled.
    So I decided to create my own version of an Advent calendar. I wanted something big enough to hold my little letters to him and a few other things. I looked at a few at stores and those suckers are around $30 which is not in my newlywed budget right now so I thought about it and I searched the internet and came up with a few ideas. So off to gather my supplies… a quick trip to the thrift store to find a frame big enough to hold my canisters. Found that for $1.50. Check! Off to Michael’s for some tins out of the wedding isle that I am oh so familiar with. Check! And home I went. I gave the frame a quick color job and scrubbed the glass clean because it was gross! I wrapped the cardboard that was in the frame with some pretty wrapping paper and put it all back together again. Then I cut the numbers and hearts to go on the front of my tins on my Cricut and glued those bad boys into place so my hubby cant peek at what his little gifts are attached them straight to the glass with Velcro. The last step was to cut out our names in vinyl and add a few cute stickers I found at Michael’s and wouldn’t you know it… I am in love! It came out so cuuuuuuuuutttttteeeee! My husband is excited which makes me happy and I am going to sit back and cruise till Christmas…in my dreams anyway! Now for the finished product.


XOXO,
Mrs. Abbott

1 comment: