Friday, December 3, 2010

Beach Dreams

Well I had plans to show you all another great DIY project I have been working on but things changed last night when I was hit from the back in traffic last night. Luckily everyone was OK! I felt so bad for the lady, she had her 4 month old and 2 year old in the car. They didn't even know anything happened! Thank goodness for car seats! Anyhow we had to wait for the police to come and write the report and we had to  stand on the side of the road for an hour while he finished it up and it was freezing so by the time I got home I was sore and cold. But happy that everyone was OK.

Anyway since I didn't finish my product last night I thought I would show you a few things I have done to one of my favorite rooms in the house... our beach room. We bought a new bed when we moved last year so I already had a queen size bed and the metal frame for it but besides that everything for this room was bought and painted or created by me! I made a headboard to match the $5 yard sale dresser that was horrible when I bought it. The top was covered in green floral contact paper and the drawers and sides were painted yellow with sticker flowers stuck on there so I sanded it down and painted the bottom white. For the top I could not get that paper off so I took the top off and covered it in batting and fabric just like the headboard! I love it! I bought 2 end tables of Craigslist for $20 for the pair and painted those white and then just added accessories. It is seriously one of my favorite rooms! When Mr. Abbotts mom comes to stay with us
(she lives in Virginia Beach) she always wants that guest room because its so light and cheery! Anyway here are a few pictures...



No comments:

Post a Comment